Are you a talented Copywriter looking for a new opportunity? Keep reading! Our client is seeking a freelance Copywriter to join their team onsite in Hillsborough, NJ. This person will work on a project by project basis writing compelling copy that engages clients’ target audiences, effectively conveys their messages, and helps bring their brands to life.
- Write original copy for a wide range of B2B, B2C, and internal corporate marketing and communications materials as assigned.
- Research and understand each client's needs and target audiences, including web searches and review of existing research.
- Proactively obtain information and direction from clients and subject matter experts through in-person meetings and phone interviews.
- Work collaboratively with a team of account managers and creative staff from initial concept development to review of final deliverables.
- Contribute creative ideas and suggestions for improving content.
- Revise copy based on client and internal feedback/direction.
- Assist as needed with writing proposals, blog posts, and various internal projects.
- Perform quality control checks on work prior to submitting to project team or client to ensure accuracy.
- Proofread materials as assigned to ensure correct grammar and punctuation and consistency with client style sheets and standard style guides.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by VP, Copy Development (manager).
- Minimum 2-3 years professional copywriting experience (portfolio of advertising copy required).
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling, creative marketing materials for both B2B and B2C clients.
- Ability to work independently and on a team to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple activities and prioritize conflicting demands.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Digital/social media/content marketing experience is a plus.
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides is a plus.
- Consistently meets all assigned deadlines.
- Proficient at presenting to clients, interpreting feedback, and providing effective solutions.
- Highly responsive to requests and messages; communicates clearly and regularly with project team members.
- Identifies potential problems/issues that could affect schedules, budgets, and/or deliverables, and raises them in a timely manner with manager as appropriate.
- Consistently meets or exceeds client expectations for quality of content, fulfillment of creative brief deliverables, and ability to achieve client goals.
Job ID: 315398SS
About this company
The BOSS Group is an award-winning creative staffing agency matching top-level creative, marketing and digital talent with companies nationwide.
Location/Region: Hillsborough, NJ (08844)